Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
- Human Resources
(JVR #: P5639)
Provides functional, technical and strategic professional support to meet the compensation objectives of Hawaiian Electric, Hawaiian Electric Industries, and its subsidiaries.
Researches, compiles, analyzes, and communicates compensation data for management reporting and planning. Updates and maintains market data. Conducts and participates in compensation surveys, analyzes results, and provides recommendations in line with overall company strategic goals.
Provides guidance for effective design of organizations and positions in line with corporate strategy and goals. Analyzes position requirements, evaluates positions responsibilities, reviews job descriptions and recommends role/market rate assignments.
Maintains historical compensation information. Analyzes, measures and reports data to management. Recommends strategies to support company goals. Tracks and improves compensation programs and systems. Responds to information requests, handles related regulatory requests and develops ad hoc management reports.
Processes merit employee salary adjustments, short-term incentives, and bonus programs for Hawaiian Electric, Hawaiian Electric Industries, and its subsidiaries.
Collaborates with other HR divisions and departments to clarify and communicate compensation policy and programs, recommend compensation related solutions, and ensure proper documentation requirements are met.
Develops tools and materials to communicate and implement compensation plans and programs. Develops and conducts management presentations as needed.
• Working knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
• Working knowledge of compensation principles including position descriptions, job evaluations, salary structure, salary administration, bonus/incentives, and market pricing.
• Extensive working knowledge of business statistics and applications normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations.
• Extensive working knowledge of computer database management, spreadsheets, word processing, and graphic applications.
• Ability to work accurately, maintain confidentiality, remain flexible, and display professionalism in a demanding environment.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of individuals.
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, often dealing with sensitive, difficult or confrontational issues.
• Strong organizational, administrative, and computational skills required to handle complex systems projects and programs with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage details without losing sight of broad goals.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills required to assess moderate to complex organizational design issues, provide sound advice and recommendations, and conduct sound job evaluations.
• Ability to apply technical concepts and methodologies to large amounts of data using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to apply problem-solving skills, solve difficult problems, and learn quickly when facing new problems.
• Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, math/statistics, or related subject.
• Minimum 5 years exempt-level experience in human resources, preferably in salary administration and/or organizational design.
• Minimum 3 years experience researching and analyzing data, and developing/communicating corporate policies to all levels of employment.
• Experience in developing and implementing organizational systems preferred.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at:
hawaiianelectric.com/careers and login to your iRecruitment account
or call our employment hotline at: (808) 543-4611.
Hawaiian Electric Company is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Compensation Analyst Jobs
- View more Human Resources Jobs
- View more Business Jobs
- View more Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. Jobs