IT Security Administrator
Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
- Information Technology
- Administrative / Clerical
IT Security Administrator
(JVR #: P5640)
Develops and administers the security and disaster recovery policies, procedures, controls and standards of Information Services.
Establishes, implements, documents, and maintains the data security policies, procedures, controls and standards. Secures and monitors the batch, on-line, timesharing and PC environment data and databases, and establishes and maintains a security awareness program for customers. Visits Hawaii Electric Light Company and Maui Electric Company to promote data security awareness.
Establishes and maintains timesharing user IDs and minidisks, on-line user IDs, network user IDs, network work groups, printer access from all platforms, and system services.
Establishes, implements, documents, and maintains the network disaster recovery plans, policies, procedures, controls and standards and participates in disaster recovery administration.
Reviews change management policies, procedures, controls, and standards, and participates in network change management administration.
Prepares instructional material on data security and teaches, guides, and informs Information Services personnel and customers. Reviews and recommends data security products for potential IS use.
Participates in data security and disaster recovery user groups and maintains up-to-date knowledge on data security and disaster recovery.
Reviews data security policies, procedures, controls and standards with Hawaiian Electric Company’s Internal Audit and provides computer resource access reports and data files to Hawaiian Electric Company and Hawaii Internal Audit, and to external auditors as requested.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information and office technology normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of data security and disaster recovery principles, IBM operating systems concepts, access methods, file structures and data communications normally acquired through specialized education and several years of professional experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups or individuals.
- In depth analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- Leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals, occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult, or confrontational issues.
- Several years (3-5) of computer security experience.
- Few years (1-3) of disaster recovery experience.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at:
www.hawaiianelectric.com/careers and login to your iRecruitment account
or call our employment hotline at: (808) 543-4611.
Hawaiian Electric Company is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more IT Information Security Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Administrative / Clerical Jobs
- View more Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. Jobs