Shareholder Services Specialist
Hawaiian Electric Industries
- Administrative / Clerical
- Financial Services
Shareholder Services Specialist
(JVR #: E81)
Maintain confidential stock records of Hawaiian Electric Industries, Hawaiian Electric Company, Hawaii Electric Light Company and Maui Electric Company, and Hawaiian Electric Industries’ Dividend Reinvestment & Stock Purchase Plan. Respond to shareholder’s requests received via mail, telephone or in person, process transfer of securities, DRIP transactions and inquiries in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Responsible for maintaining confidential Dividend Reinvestment & Stock Purchase Plan records and timely and accurately processing transactions.
Responsible for maintaining confidential stock records and timely and accurately processing transactions based on SEC, NYSE, IRS and Legislative Rules.
Responsible for handling sensitive telephone calls, personal visits and respond to voluminous letters from stockholders, banks, brokers, attorneys, fiduciaries, nominees, etc.
Assist in developing office standards and procedures to improve workflow for high efficiency and productivity, take a leadership role in handling special projects, and perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Assist in creating and implementing the departments record retention schedule.
Accountable for timely and accurately processing levies and notifications from Internal Revenue Service; ACH Credit and Debit transactions; replacement of lost dividend, redemption and Dividend Reinvestment checks; replacement of lost/stolen stock certificates; locate lost/missing stockholders.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and/or database systems and related software such as Word and Excel and PC Operating system and file management.
- Basic knowledge of securities and dividend reinvestment plans.
- Strong working knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Ability to proficiently and accurately type 60 wpm using various office equipment such as typewriters and computers.
- Ability to accurately use 10-key calculator by touch.
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and pressure situations while maintaining timeliness and accuracy in completed work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain a pleasant, efficient and professional manner in order to interact well with the public and internal/external parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a consummate team player due to the voluminous workload and rapidly changing daily priorities in order to meet stringent SEC, NYSE, and IRS rules.
- Demonstrated analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pick up on technical things quickly and to learn new skills and knowledge
- Must pass SEC mandated fingerprinting requirements.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion and professionalism.
- Effective organizational, planning and scheduling skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Few years (2-3) general office and clerical experience and/or data entry experience
- Few years (1-2) Securities or Securities Transfer experience desirable.
- Experience in working and handling confidential information.
- Experience in dealing tactfully with customers. Experience in writing letters.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at:
www.hawaiianelectric.com/careers and login to your iRecruitment account
or call our employment hotline at: (808) 543-4611.
Hawaiian Electric Industries is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Service Advisor Jobs
- View more Administrative / Clerical Jobs
- View more Business Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Hawaiian Electric Industries Jobs