Hawaiian Electric Industries
- Information Technology
(JVR #: E80)
Manage the stock transfer system by executing/developing/designing/testing reports, programs, procedures, system releases, alerts, etc. Resolve system/equipment related problems. Process daily transfer/sale transactions and provide backup for others in the department.
Coordinate and schedule system production runs and ensures the runs are accurate. Test/implement all alerts/releases/new programs. Responsible for mainframe and PC software maximum utilization. Maintain/trouble shoot all equipment and programs by working closely with vendor's and the company's technical staff. Ensures tax files to the IRS are processed accurately and on time.
Develop, implement and document office procedures and maintain procedures manual. Responsible for training staff and keeping them abreast on system related matters. Analyze, develop/design management reports, programs, etc. Provide senior management timely, accurate and efficient system related reports.
Responsible for accurately maintaining confidential stock records and timely and accurately processing transactions based on SEC, NYSE, IRS and Legislative Rules.
Assist with handling sensitive telephone calls, personal visits and respond written requests from stockholders, banks, brokers, attorneys, fiduciaries, nominees, etc.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of PCs.
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and database programs.
- Knowledge in integrating systems, business needs and product information to enhance and maintain Stock Transfer system effectiveness.
- Conceptual understanding of securities processing system design and operation.
- Thorough knowledge of securities processing system or experience in comparable system.
- Good organizational and scheduling skills, demonstrated ability to be responsive to Division and system needs, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of the company internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and in written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to recommend and initiate programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness of programs, reports, work flow, etc., of securities processing system.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Able to scope out, plan, organize and prioritize work with strategic objectives in mind while managing details.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills to coordinate and implement new systems.
- Must pass SEC mandated fingerprinting requirements.
- Several (3-5) years of experience in securities transfer or MIS.*
- *A Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, or relevant discipline may be substituted for 3 years of experience.
- Experience in communicating effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Programming/database experience desirable
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at:
www.hawaiianelectric.com/careers and login to your iRecruitment account
or call our employment hotline at: (808) 543-4611.
Hawaiian Electric Industries is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Administrator Jobs
- View more Business Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Hawaiian Electric Industries Jobs